The process for choosing investments is a key part of financial planning. It is important that your financial aims and attitudes to risk are established at the outset. What are you trying to achieve from your investments? Are you looking for income, for growth or to achieve a specific target level of capital for some point in the future?
The next stage is to establish the capacity and tolerance to risk. Only by speaking to our expert investment managers can you really understand the nature and the level of risk your investments actually mean to you and your financial situation.
Investment planning for Children and Grandchildren.
Securing financial help for children is often a major objective for our clients. Also, passing on wealth to children during your lifetime is a sensible way to reduce the impact of inheritance tax on your estate. Some important considerations when thinking about investment planning for children are:-
- The tax position of your children and suitable tax efficient investments.
- The timescale for which funds are to be invested.
- Investment risk – generally, the longer the timescale, the more growth orientated you can be.
- Suitability of investments – ISA’s, Child trust funds, Offshore funds, Bonds.
Planning for your child’s future is one of the most important things you will ever do. Acumen can advise you on the best way to achieve your aims and help to insure your investments realise the outcomes you want for your children.
Reducing taxation on Investments
The taxation on investments has never been a simple matter. Over the years it has gained in complexity due to an increasingly elaborate tax system and differing taxation policies across governments.
Acumen will help to reduce the taxation on your investments. There are many ways of doing this, such as:
- Selecting the most appropriate ‘tax wrapper’ for your chosen investment.
- Advising you on the most effective tax strategies for drawing income/capital.
- Assisting you with calculations for your tax return.
- Always being on top of new legislation and tax planning opportunities.
Acumen offers comprehensive investment advice and investment planning including asset allocation, appropriate investment selection, risk mitigation, inheritance tax mitigation and educational cost planning.
Download information on Investment Advice and Investment Planning
Do you need more information on Investment Advice and Investment Planning? Download our useful user guide here: