Planning for retirement – sometimes referred to as the longest holiday of your life, it can be a daunting and confusing prospect, especially with the recent changes to pension contributions & entitlements.
Making the right investment choices at retirement is very important. We recommend that our clients begin the retirement planning process at least 12 months before their retirement date, so the various options can be probably evaluated. However close your retirement date is, Acumen’s experienced financial advisors have the experience and the skills to find the perfect retirement solution for you.
Why is Retirement Planning so important?
Planning for retirement is complicated, with many different things to take into account, for example;
- Your investment goals may have evolved i.e. the emphasis moving from ‘growth’ to ‘income’ and the new ‘pension freedoms’ may give you many more options.
- Your attitude to investment risk and/or your ability to absorb losses may have changed.
- As your full-time earnings come to a halt, your marginal rate of tax could fall.
- You may be uncertain about the level of your future income and working patterns.
- You could have a large one-off investment to make i.e. a lump sum from a pension scheme or a redundancy payment.
- You may want to keep your pension fund invested, to generate long-term income.
Acumen Retirement Advice and Planning
Acumen advisers have over 100 years’ experience offering retirement advice and tailored retirement solutions. Our financial advisers can assist with:
- Cash flow planning.
- Choosing the best way to provide you with the income you need.
- Finding the best provider, investment strategy and income levels for drawdown.
- Managing your investments, including pension lump sums in a tax-efficient way.
- Comprehensive inheritance planning.
Estate Planning and Inheritance Tax
Estate Planning is often pushed to the bottom of the ‘to-do list’, along with preparing a will. It is important you put due thought into the ‘who, what, when and how’ of estate planning.
Acumen works to optimise the estate and inheritance tax (IHT) planning aspects of your will. We can advise on the various tax implications and we can suggest ways to improve the role of your pension scheme in your estate planning. We will also talk to you about the need for a Lasting Power of Attorney and explain how having one can protect you and your loved ones. Finally, we can arrange investments and life assurances to help reduce that eventual inheritance tax bill.
Downlaod more information on Retirement Advice & Planning
Do you need more information on retirment advice & planning? Download our useful user guide here: