What is Life Insurance?
Life insurance protection underpins good financial planning – it ensures the right amount of money will reach the right people, at the right time, if the worst was to happen.
Why might you need life insurance?
The payout of life insurance may be a lump sum or a regular income. There are various reasons why life insurance might be needed:-
- Paying off a mortgage or a loan if the borrower dies.
- Protecting a family against the early death of a spouse, partner or parent with family life insurance.
- Protecting financially independent children against the loss of a guardian.
- Paying for a funeral.
- Paying for inheritance tax.
- Protecting a business against the financial consequences of the loss of its owner.
What our clients had to say
Don’t just take our word for it, take a look below to read Allan’s first-hand account of their experience with our life insurance advice:
Searching for a local Financial adviser I looked at Acumen Financial Partnership. The main problem was, through poor past experience I had totally lost trust in anyone involved with finances. However, Acumen’s “About Us” page revealed Angela Maher had worked for David Roberts & Partners whom I had my business insurances with for many years.
I found Acumen to be very professional in their approach, explaining their services and charges during the initial meeting. This was followed up by excellent, sound, unbiased advice which has been a huge help with my pension and mortgage investments. This has also restored my faith in people dealing with finance. Phil Jones dealt with my enquiry, he is 100% professional in his approach and yet you feel you are dealing with a friend not someone on the opposite side of a desk who actually has their own interest as a priority. I would without hesitation recommend this firm.
What type of life Insurance?
There are many different life insurance options out there, such as level term, renewable term, increasing or decreasing term, mortgage protection and family income benefit.
There are also other types of insurance that you might require, such as health insurance, critical illness insurance, income protection insurance, family life insurance, life insurance for over 60s, medical insurance and unemployment insurance.
How can Acumen help with life insurance?
Acumen can make sure you are covered for all the eventualities you want to be covered for at the most cost-effective price with quality life insurance advice. We tailor the life insurance policy or solution to you.
- In-depth analysis of your situation – we embark on a fact-finding mission to understand your personal circumstances, your worries, concerns and attitude to risk.
- Help you identify your priorities – we help you prioritise what is important to be insured against now, and what might need to change in 10 years’ time.
- Recommend tailored solutions – we put together a tailored life insurance plan, taking into account your other financial circumstances and investments.
- We advise on using trusts and on the most tax-efficient way of ensuring your money gets to the right people at the right time.
Key Benefits of life insurance advice
Life insurance can pay your dependents money as a lump sum or as regular payments if the worst was to happen to you. It is designed to provide you with the reassurance that your family will be cared for long after you are no longer there to provide. Acumen’s advisers can offer life insurance advice that gives you peace of mind with life insurance for those over 60, mortgage protection, family life insurance and more available.
Life insurance is a way of helping your family and loved ones cope financially, should the worst happen. It is intended to pay out a lump sum when they cannot rely on your income or salary any longer.
Some policies offer reviewable premiums which are reviewed every 5 to 10 years, and usually result in an increase. To find out more about life insurance premiums, why not speak to our helpful team of financial advisors?